This month’s My Five features an assortment of “can’t go wrong” Halloween-related places, events and activities here on the Grand Strand.
1. Spirit Halloween Superstore in Myrtle Beach, 3269 Waccamaw Blvd (former Waccamaw Pottery), Myrtle Beach 843- 236-0908
Through November 3. Costumes, indoor and outdoor decorations – get your scare on here! New this year – complimentary child care. Hunger Games costumes and many more. Check out the jumping spiders!
2. Pawleys Island Tavern, 10635 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island 843-237-8465
October 31. If you’re in the mood to party on this festive holiday, this is one of the most popular Halloween party spots on the Grand Strand. The Highliners will be performing live.
3. Terror Under the Bridge, 103 Third Ave, Conway
Located in the old warehouse under the Main Street Bridge, on the Riverwalk. Open October 27-31. Admission is $10. Built in 1890, this warehouse is considered to be haunted by many and has even been visited by The Ghost Hunters. Ghost Hunters did detect paranormal activity during their investigation! This is the real deal so check it out! Ranked one of the best haunted houses in the entire state. Proceeds from this attraction benefit Fostering Hope Inc, a nonprofit organization that provides goods and services to children residing in the foster care system in Horry, Georgetown, Marion, Dillon counties in North Eastern South Carolina.
4. Life In Color END (Electronic Never Dies) Concert – Halloween Edition, 2101 N. Oak Street, Myrtle Beach Convention Center, Myrtle Beach October 31. Sold out in over 70 cities last tour. $500 best costume contest.
5. Conway Ghost Walk, 315 Kingston Street, Conway 843-248-6260
October 25 – 27, 7:00 PM
Professional storytellers in period costume conjure spooky tales of South Carolina’s haunted low-country. The spine-tingling tours leave every 10 minutes starting at 7:00PM, lasting an hour and covering a mile. The final tour of each night will be at 8:30 PM. Tickets are $15 and reservations are required.