Hey everyone! I will periodically highlight five area things to do, places to go, or something of random interest. For the the month of May, lets check these spots out:
1. Martini’s (Casual Dining & Piano Bar), 98 Hwy 17 S, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582 (843) 249-1134. I was going to talk about Martini’s lunch offering BUT looks like we will have to wait until after Labor Day on that one. However, since this is one of my favorite restaurants on the Strand, I am going to tell you to check out the free buffet on Wednesday nights from 6-7pm in the Piano Bar, as part of their Customer Appreciation program. Live entertainment is featured and just a two drink minimum is required. Check it out!! Mondays enjoy $5 martinis from their expansive list of martinis – this is $2 off the regular price. Drink up! Tuesdays feature a prime rib dinner special for just $14.95 per person! For more info, https://www.martinisfinedining.com/
2. La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, LittleRiver, SC 29566 (843) 399-WINE (9463). This is an operating vineyard featuring complimentary vineyard tours on Tuesdays at 11am, wine tasting room, music and festival events, and wonderful gift shop. A tobacco barn still exists on the property which is a former tobacco plantation. Grab a bottle of wine and share a picnic at one of the picnic tables available on the grounds. The Vineyard is open year-round and hours are Monday through Saturday 10am-6pm. CLOSED Sundays and major holidays.
3. Grab your sea legs and head over to Barefoot Landing to board the Barefoot Princess Riverboat for a scenic sightseeing cruise (lunch and dinner cruises also available) along the Intracoastal Waterway. The Barefoot Princess is a130 passenger, climate-controlled 3 deck riverboat – complete with entertainment, snack bar, full service bar and restrooms. Note this is a non-smoking vessel. You can hop on-board at 4932 Route 17 S, North Myrtle Beach at the Barefoot Landing Marina (back of Barefoot Landing next to the Greg Norman Australian Grille). Public parking is located in front of Greg Normans. Schedules and info at www.mbriverboat.com or call 843-272-2140. Reservations are required for ALL meal cruises.
4. What I like about Barefoot Landing is the plethora of small businesses to visit and support. One of the businesses I would like to highlight in this My Five is “Straight From the Heart”, owned and operated by Sherrye Sammons. Straight From the Heart is a charming boutique featuring wonderfully crafted unique and different jewelry, art and apparel; much of which are heart-themed. Many new items have just arrived so stop by and check them out at 4844 Hwy 17 S, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582 (843) 427-4661
5. Did you know there is a huge salt water aquarium at the Myrtle Beach Bass Pro Shops? I just love the Puffer Fish. Stop in and see him! Fish feedings, featuring interesting info on the aquarium and the fish in it, are Monday and Friday night at 7pm and Wednesdays at 11am and last about 20 minutes. The aquarium is located in the back of the store to the right of the Fishing Department. Come out and help feed the fish! Bring the kids too! Bass Pro Shops is located in the Myrtle Beach Mall at 10177 North Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, SC. (843) 361-4800
Of course, don’t forget about other Myrtle Beach area attractions as well! Which one is YOUR favorite?